Friday, July 22, 2011

Giving thanks.


"Something always comes to fill the empty places. And when I give thanks for the seemingly microscopic, I make a place for God to grow within me. This, this, makes me full, and 'magnify him with thanksgiving' (Psalm 69:30 KJV), and God enters the world. What will a life magnify? The world's stress cracks, the grubbiness of a day, all this is wholly wrong and terribly busted? Or God? Never is God's omnipotence and omniscience diminutive. God is not in need of magnifying by us so small, but the reverse. It's our lives that are little and we have falsely inflated self, and in thanks we decrease and the world returns right. I say thanks and I swell with Him, and I swell the world and He stirs me, joy all afoot.

This, I think, this is the other side of prayer." 

Ann Voskamp - One Thousand Gifts




Wouldn't it really be something if we treated everyday such as our annual day of thanks?

It wouldn't necessarily call for a 20 lb. turkey and whole bunch of other coma inducing meals, but what if we took the grace part and applied it every single day?

Wouldn't that be something?

I am falling in love with the words that Ann voices in One Thousand Gifts, she brings to light the meaning of grace and James pressing of this meaning when he exclaims to the people, Consider it pure joy my brothers whenever you face trails of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance (James 1:2 NIV).

James understood the value of glorifying God in the midst of every moment, every struggle, every day. 


The meaning of looking at every situation, every moment, and seeing it in the beauty of God as a Creator. Who created it for His people.


Lately, I feel like I have had to put that in motion. When I am anywhere. I am representing who God is, He uses His people to spread Word to all four corners of the world. He is constantly pursuing me, but I am not the only one. He pursues all, through His people. For His people.

So today as I get ready for work, I am in remembrance of His plan. How am I in the center of God's will? (Thank you Mikela, ever since you said that in Honduras it as been my constant inspiration.)


How can I glorify God and be in the center of His will? 








With love and many gifts of thanks,
Kristen

No comments: