Thursday, October 20, 2011

Time.

Pinterest



After feeling overwhelmed about rushing through these precious days I am given and always putting my extra minutes into wasteful things, I knew I needed to make some changes. Even though I'm crazy busy one day and freely open the next, I'm still finding myself not taking those free open days to do what I love to do: worshiping, quiet time, reading and studying the Word. I decided I was going to really put more effort into making the most of my minutes.

It wasn't until I read this passage from One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp was I further settled into my decision:

And this, this is the only way to slow time: When I fully enter time's swift current, enter into the current moment with the weight of all my attention, I slow the torrent with the weight of all of me here. I can slow the torrent by being all here. I only live the full life when I live fully in the moment. And when I'm always looking for the next glimpse of glory, I slow and enter. And time slows. Weigh down this moment in time with attention full, and the whole of time's river slows, slows, slows... 
Wherever you are, be all there.

That's what I intend to do. Always live fully in the moment with thanksgiving, joy, and grace.

I'm taking my sweet minutes and finding full live in them by slowing down to receive.



No comments: