Tuesday, September 27, 2011




It's like 90-something degrees outside. A little disheartening, but what do I expect? I live in Houston. I'm pretty sure we get summer until November. Alright, that might have been a slight exaggeration.

I need to just ignore the heat and proceed in my festivities. This includes the making of these at some point, I may not share. They just look too good. I'm supposed to be buying candles soon with scents similar to the following: Apple Pie, Apple Orchard, Apple Cider, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Patch, Harvest, Carrot Cake, Cinnamon Stick, Maple Pancakes and Spiced Orange. Then also lots of reruns of You've Got Mail (don't get me started), Harry Potter marathons (it's a tradition), Dead Poets Society (top five), and When Harry Met Sally. What can I say? It's a tradition, and my family barely has any, so I'm not budging on this, no matter the temperature.

Also, I am on the look out for a Halloween costume, which is quite the big deal for me. You see, I avoid dressing up because at my age, it just simply not for the same concept anymore. Dressing up as a cat when I'm younger is definitely not the same when you're my age. I'm sure I need not to explain why.
Except for this year. This year I am a preschool teacher, and now I don't have an excuse, I have to dress up too. Which is sort of a blessing considering I deeply love all things Halloween (reruns of Halloweentown must be added to the list above), and all of the pumpkin filled wonderful-ness that comes with this holiday. So, I need a costume. I prefer a little DIY to go a long with it, but hey, I won't complain with prepackaged. So stay on the look out with me. I'm honestly down for anything.

By the way, random fact about myself : I love to knit. So let the temperatures drop, I have some homemade scarves to wear!

Bring on the cold.



Love you all deeply,

No comments: