Monday, August 1, 2011

Words & Wills



Today was a blessing, just like any other day, but full of love. I spent dinner with amazing people and perfect conversation.

Afterwards, I was contemplating going to a nearby bookstore. Simply because I desperately wanted to get my hands on Walking on Water  by Madeleine L'Engle due to it being on the must read list of my fellow friends. However, the bookstore that was near was poorly stocked most of the time so I perked up the courage and dared on Barnes and Nobles.

Don't get me wrong, me and B&N are pretty tight. It's just that my wallet squeezes it's buns together when I walk through the door. It's a little too much money sometimes. Words are worth millions, yes, but I'm not. So I have a budget to stick to. As soon as I walked through the doors, I didn't regret this decision for a second.

If you don't know me well then let me give you a quick image. I'm the person that when your walking down the aisles you'll see me sniffing the inside of books. I just love the smell. I love the freshness of the untouched pages and all of the books looking at me with it's 'pick me' covers. The way the book creaks as you open the middle of the book and bend its binding.

I got a little frustrated though seeing as my little bookstore wasn't the only one with poorly stocked shelves.. they didn't have Walking on Water.


I was kind of annoyed and felt a teeny bit defeated. As I was navigating through the store I realized there was a book that had sparked my interest by mention of my wonderful friend Mikela. She recommended for me to read Finding Gods Will by Gregg Matte. I loved the description she gave me about it and since I've been in a little bit of a bind over what to do with my life and my desire to be in His will, I really had found interest in it. So when I recalled the conversation I instantly, not exaggerating in the slightest bit, rushed to the M aisle and nearly hollered in excitement when I saw it on the shelf.


It kind of fit like a puzzle piece for me to pick it up and read it. When I saw the price I realized I was closing near my set B&N budget I had decided on before I got out of my car. It was pretty necessary. I had about 14 dollars left to spend and I really wanted a new journal. If you've seen their journal selection you'll know how special they are, but they are also not cheap. At all. On happy note, I did find one that I really liked and thought it was really affordable and appropriate.




I cannot wait to start reading them so that I can turn off my TV, which my eyes have been glued to since it's Shark Week. Yeah, I'm one of those. Would I be called a Sharkie?


Please pray for me tomorrow as I venture out to something new and different. I am remaining hopeful on it's outcome and will be excited to share soon, if it works out! 


Until another time and with love,
Kristen

No comments: