Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hysteria, Hope, & Happiness



Today has been quite a day.

This morning I was an absolute emotional wreck for so many reasons, I honestly could not tell what was upsetting me more. I skipped both of my classes, which I know I will soon regret, and just basically stayed in my bed.

Why, you ask?

I just felt like my body was asking for it. I had to listen. I'm pretty glad I did, however, I felt like I could have done a lot more with my time. I was genuinely surprised when I saw the time on my laptop stating that it was nearing six o'clock.

On the bright side, I was able to write a letter to Nziina my Compassion child. Also, I am getting some studying time in tonight so that I won't be too off tomorrow when I go back to class!

I know yesterday's post was a tad morbid and I apologize. Sometimes I just need to get a little heaviness off of my chest, and I think it's a good thing when I do. It allows me to process everything and really take it all in. I am remaining hopeful, and in God's plan so that when He's ready to put me in new environments -- I will most certainly be ready. I trust in Him, I do.

Also, back to the morbid behavior, I am happy in other aspects of my life. I mean there are so many things, I am truly thankful for. I know that when I surround myself with my biblical community that I will hold on through the rapids.

A friend of mine on Facebook posted this verse today and it was what I needed to see,


"don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder." 
Romans 12:12


Quitting Facebook has been on my mind for so long. I haven't been able to decide whether I should do it. Or maybe I should just try to separate myself from it for awhile. What do you think? Could you quit Facebook?

No comments: