Friday, May 13, 2011

Garden.

Gardening is finally happening! Get ready for the green thumb.
For the longest time I have wanted a garden. Something so peaceful calls to you in a garden, my Lord lifts me up when I am getting dirt under my nails, and I am drenching in sweat, because He created it. I am working for His creation, I am serving what He made, right down to pulling weeds out of straight up mud. Despite my, I hate getting dirty, sweating, and any bugs on me, I still love it. So yeah, I really want a garden. 


But I knew I'd have to put my patience pants on and wait until the house was built.

It's built now! But I'm a wee bit late because it's nearly summertime (for all you beginner gardens like myself, its apparently not the best time to plant) and the delay of getting into our house has pushed back the garden just a teensy bit. Like I'm not going to lie to you, I had a perfect plan in my head. To me, unpacking boxes into my house was only supposed to take a day. Maybe two. HA! I was so wrong about that I could cry! We are still unpacking boxes and we've been here for a good 3 weeks, to the point where I just look at them and think, yeah that's a good place for it, and keep moving. I wish I was kidding.

So we are just now getting a good start on the garden. We went to Lowe's today and bought tomatoes, okra, cilantro, basil, rosemary, zucchini squash, squash and peppers. Some are just seeds because they are winter plants so we just have them ready, but I am pretty darn excited. This is just the vegetable garden, I have quite the list for the flowers, but they have yet to be purchased. Originally, our grand idea consisted of the vegetable garden being in our massive backyard to sort of "fill in the space", but we decided to put it in the courtyard on the side of the house where the flowers are going as well. It's a pretty large side yard and we think it will work out just dandy. 




You may not know this about me, and it's sort of a psychological thing, but I love things that can grow. It may be why I want to be a teacher, but I love the idea of things progressing over time. Watching it happen, and loving the beauty of it, is something that triggers the best out of who I am. How can you even try to be in a bad mood when you see beauty like that? Flowers are perfection. There is nothing wrong with flowers. They are crafted to miraculously bloom into a perfect shape. I love it. People, we aren't this way, we are crafted and doomed to make many, many mistakes. But people are still beautiful, we are vulnerable and in desperate need of God's grace, and He loves us in the same way I can be in awe of a flower, He finds that beauty in us



Aside from flowers, I love birds. My favorite animal is a hummingbird. I love the sounds of birds, I love how small and soft they are. I love them. Call me the bird lady. So today I couldn't help myself, I added to my work load, and I bought a hummingbird feeder. It's a bit of a task load because you have to clean out the nectar concentrate and make it, but I love hummingbirds just that much. 

I could go on, but Mr.Potter -- please excuse me he hates when I say that, I mean Harry is calling my attention and I must resume my seat at the meeting for the Order of the Phoenix.

We shall speak again very soon.
Kristen



No comments: