Friday, August 19, 2011

Dear Honduras,




it's been a long time, or so it feels, since I was falling in love with your country by serving God on your soil. I think about you often and the things I was able to take away from my experiences with you.

There were things that I saw, never to be lost in my memory. These were hard, tragic-stricken testimonies that entered my ears and have not left my heart. I pray earnestly for the depressed, the raped and the ones that feel forgotten. I cannot imagine what some of them feel like after their parents sent them away to live inside gates, all day long. Never seeing the outside. For those that leave and get raped, but find their way back with a baby inside their stomach.. tough. Tough. I think of the cycle that your orphans are in and pray for them to understand just how important and loved they are, by a God that desires for them to be healed. Despite this darkness, there is so much more for them ahead, in His plan.

For my life now, Honduras, I think I could not be the same again.

Today is my last day at work before I begin my new chapter, my last day at a job where financial stability was there, I am now onto budgets and 'cutting back'. Am I scared? Yeah. The thing is, I would not have it any other way.
I have seen what it looks like to have nothing to your name, no money, education, nothing. I am blessed to have these opportunities and know that my empathy towards it is nothing short of the actual reality. I do not think it is a coincidence and I believe the trip prepared me, in many ways. My God is a God of love, He knows me. He knows me well.

So Honduras, I think I really just wrote this to thank you. Thank you for being so beautiful, welcoming, colorful and love filled. You did more for me than you may ever know.



No comments: